Late night fire razes apartment building in Woodbridge
WOODBRIDGE — Residents of the Hillside Garden Apartments were forced out after a fire engulfed a portion of the complex late Tuesday night. One had to be rescued by firefighters from his balcony.
On Wednesday morning, evidence of the damage was evident. The third floor was completely destroyed, a portion of the roof fell apart, glass was everywhere and the windows were blown out entirely.
The building manager claims the fire all started from a lit cigarette left in the apartment that soon caught fire and spread rapidly.
About 30 people were reportedly evacuated.
One neighbor saw the damages for himself.
““I didn’t know exactly what was the extent of it until I’m getting home now from work and I’m seeing it and there’s no power, no heat, no nothing,” said Isaias Nieves, who was also concerned for his family and his children.
Woodbridge Township police and PSEG crews are now on scene.
PSEG officials are working to restore power and heat as quickly as possible.
So far jurors have heard testimony from Sterns father, an alleged confession by her accused killer Liam McAtasney, and a juror was dismissed for their social media use
Workers at the Green Knoll Nursing Home say that since new management took over, their health insurance costs have gone up too far
Freeholder at-large Patricia Sebold says project, with construction expected to begin April 1st, will ‘transform Essex County’
Clinton Frazier: ‘I can genuinely say that this is the most excited I’ve been for a baseball season’
Program identifies the strengths of people, matches them with an appropriate job
A driver high on drugs struck a guardrail before crashing into the station, tearing the roof of of another car and killing a father, his 17-year-old son, and a gas station attendant
Company plans to turn theater into apartment complex; group forms to try to save it
Under the new law, paid family leave is doubled from six to 12 weeks
The 50-year-old building to be rebuilt for shoppers
Red Cross is assisting family that was forced out after flames ignited at the Rutledge Avenue residence