Generators Have Led to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Cases in Region
With the power out still in some areas in the Tri State region in Hurricane Sandy's aftermath, many residents are relying on generators to heat their homes, sometimes with deadly consequences. An Oceanside resident died from carbon monoxide poisoning because of a generator in his basement, while several residents inside a Roselle Park, New Jersey apartment building also suffered from carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator running in the structure's basement. The New York Department of Health released several tips on electrical generator safety.
Carbon Monoxide is known as a silent killer because it can strike without warning.
The place for everything on our Island.
Copyright © 2011, FiOS1 News