Due to heavy rainfall, the Nassau County Department of Health has closed the following 19 beaches to bathing as a precautionary measure. Storm water runoff can have a negative impact by elevating bacterial levels and affecting bathing water quality.
14 Nassau County North Shore Beaches
5 Nassau County South Shore Beaches:
To speak with a Health Department representative between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 4:45 P.M. Monday through Friday, call 516-227-9717.
Posts by topic
- 11:00amNorth Shore Medical
- 11:30amRestaurant HunterYour guide to the best eats on Long Island
- 12:00pmFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 12:30pmPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 01:00pmFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones