- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season boneless pork chop with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat the bottom of a saute pan with olive oil and place on the stovetop on high heat.
- Sear the pork chop in the pan for 5-10 seconds, then put into the oven for 5-6 minutes.
- While the pork chop is cooking in the oven, shave kernels off of one ear of elote loco corn and set aside.
- Put a tablespoon of bacon fat into a saute pan and place on the stovetop on high heat, then add 1/4 cup of diced onions, a dash of diced bacon and the corn kernels. Then add a dash of chopped cilantro, a pinch of chili powder and the juice of half a lime. Saute for 1 1/2 - 2 minutes.
- Thinly slice one hasselback potato, keeping the potato whole by not slicing all the way to the bottom of the potato.
- Poach the potato for 10 minutes in a pot of duck fat.
- Once the pork chop has been in the oven for 5-6 minutes, flip the pork chop and put back into the oven for another 5-6 minutes.
- Take the potato out of the duck fat, season with salt and pepper to taste and add a dash of parmesan cheese. Put potato in the 400-degree oven for two minutes.
- Season corn with a drizzle of spicy mayo and a dash of parmesan cheese. Plate the corn using a cylinder to keep the rest of the plate clean.
- Remove pork chop from oven and plate on top of the corn.
- Remove potato from oven and plate next to the pork chop.
- Drizzle maple yogurt sauce over top and garnish with a sprig of fresh cilantro.
As told to us by Bistro 25 co-owner and executive chef Brian Shuren. Watch new episodes of "Restaurant Hunter" Thursday nights at 8 PM on FiOS1!
Posts by topic
- 04:00pmFiOS1 NewsYour local news, traffic, and weather forecasts on the ones
- 04:30pmPush PauseFreezing the frame on local life
- 05:00pmFiOS1 News Now
- 05:30pmFiOS1 News Now
- 06:00pmRichard French LiveRichard French Live is an interactive program devoted to the world of politics