- Cut a baby shark into four small steaks.
- Place shark steaks into a pot of boiling water, adding a dash of tumeric powder. Boil for 10-15 minutes, then remove the shark steaks and drain.
- Mince the shark meat into small pieces with your hands and set it aside.
- Heat a saute pan on the stovetop on medium heat and coat with vegetable oil.
- First add a dash of mustard seed, a dash of cumin seed and one whole red chili to the pan.
- Next, add a half cup of chopped onions to the pan, followed by 10 curry leaves, a few chopped green chilies, a dash of chopped garlic and a dash of chopped ginger. Season with salt to taste.
- Saute ingredients in pan until onions become caramelized, then add the shark meat to the pan.
- Add another dash of vegetable oil to the sides of the pan while cooking to prevent burning.
- Add a pinch of red chili powder and a dash of cilantro and cook for a minute or two.
- Place a banana leaf on a plate and spoon the minced shark meat mix over the banana leaf and onto the plate.
As told to us by Southern Spice Chettinad Indian Cuisine owner and executive chef Sridhar Munirathinam. Watch new episodes of "Restaurant Hunter" Thursday nights at 8 p.m. on FiOS1!
As Seen on FiOS1
Posts by topic
No schools are reported
Northern State PkwyCommack - Round Swamp
Long Island ExpyWicks - Walt Whitman
Long Island ExpyChestnut - Roosevelt
- 04:12pmHigh School Game of the WeekBoys Lacrosse - Nassau County: Great Neck North @ Bethpage